Southern Cross & 10HD

Discussions on Digital TV, Signal Areas, Scheduling and Programs.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

celicasx
Master

Southern Cross & 10HD

Post by celicasx » Mon Dec 17, 2007 19:40

Received the following when querying when 10HD was expected in regional centres;
Thank you for your enquiry regarding High Definition programming on Southern Cross Ten. Firstly let me assure you that we are committed to delivering High Definition programs to all of our viewers throughout regional Australia ? and to achieve this, we are currently undertaking a significant rebuild of our studio facilities.

When this upgrade is completed we will deliver our usual Standard Definition program line-up plus an exciting range of High Definition programs that will mirror the offerings recently announced by our program supplier, the Ten Network. This will include sport, movies and series ? all in HD and, where available, with 5.1 channel Surround Sound.

Our commitment to the rollout of HD will not only see these new services introduced in your region but also in a total of 28 regional areas stretching from Far North Queensland to Tasmania, making this one of the largest television projects in recent times. Due to the scale of the project, we estimate HD services will be available in your area by the middle of 2008. Closer to time we will be promoting the actual start date on-air and in our regular program guides, so please stay tuned.

Thank you again for your interest in our High Definition programs and I am sure you will be thrilled by what we will deliver in 2008.

Regards
Rob
I love my Toppy, but now I want one of these! Scratch that... now I've got one!

Return to “Digital TV”