audio sync function not operative

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Paul_oz53
Wizard

audio sync function not operative

Post by Paul_oz53 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 17:36

My third and final (for now) request is an outstanding report concerning audio sync not functioning, which first arose here and here.

In working my way through the OverlayHD screens and functions here it arose again.
prl wrote:
Paul_oz53 wrote:8. "Menu - Setup - AV setup - Audio sync" doesn't actually do anything. The text 'Set up audio sync settings' would better read 'Preset audio sync settings - not functional (ignore).'
As IanSav says, this is a code issue, not a skin issue. It appears that the control screen that this setup screen configures isn't accessible anywhere from the GUI. Either that should be made accessible, or this configuration removed (perhaps the whole plugin that does both the configuration and control could be removed).
This post also applies to the Audio Sync function when accessed via the audio key pop-up menu. Ideally the audio sync function should work 'as advertised'. Although I generally don't need the function every so often an mkv or avi will have a lip sync issue. Far easier to temporarily change the audio settings than to re-encode the files involved (esp when its a TV series). I would be delighted if it could be fixed.

However, if fixing the broken connections between the GUI and the control screen is not a ready possibility it would be better that the redundant menu items and code is disabled or removed. The screens involved in the menu are quite detailed and create an expectation that is simply not realized in practice.
Best regards,
Paul
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

Return to “Bug Reporting and Feature Requests”