wiztimerd-0.2 timer setting perl utility.

Advanced Discussions on Programing for & Modifying Beyonwiz Products.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

wiztimerd-0.2 timer setting perl utility.

Post by tonymy01 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 15:20

Well, I have finally done it, I got my act together and got PerlTGD (the timer setting perl util for the Topfield) modified to work with Eric's Beyonwiz "wizremote" daemon.
Download here:
http://www.beyonwizsoftware.net/softwar ... ztimerd/0/ Thanks Janilxx

(my http://tonyspage.abock.de password that hasn't changed in 7 years is refusing to let me login to the server today, or else I would have released it there, lets hope that Janilx's server is reliable!)

A dump of the readme is below. If you don't understand any of this, then at the moment, this solution is probably not for you, as it requires modifying the Beyonwiz firmware in such a way as to get either telnet access happening, or modifying in other ways to enable wizremote. This can be achieved with the usb-tweak modified f/w I provided some time ago, but haven't released a current 247 version as yet (you can downgrade to the old f/w that supports the USB-tweaks, then upgrade to 247 and the tweaked all important rc.local will still remain after the f/w upgrade).

wizTimerd 0.2
Provided by jim16, heavily modified, bug fixed etc to work with the Beyonwiz by tonymy01.

This is a perl application that will search for favourite shows based on various search criteria in your favourite XMLTV guide (supplied thru various means but not in the scope of this application, I recommend ICETV as they provide repeat flags, actor flags etc).

Based on PerlTGD this script has xmltv2tgd integrated so that the searching is performed on a XML document.
Jim has removed all Topfield related routines such as detecting the connection of the unit, producing .tgd files, rebooting the unit, transferring of files etc... I have put most of them back again, but they now talk to the Wizremote dameon, rather than upload TGD files like with PerlTGD.
The code is still based to some extent on the TGD specification as there is no need to change (maybe). In this archive you will find all the documents required to run this tool. run.sh will run the tool. The settings file is a working file and there is a favourites and XML file included for testing (a bit old now, Jim sent me this 3 months ago, wow time flies!).

usage:
bash-3.2# perl wiztimerd.pl
wizTimerd version:0.2
usage: wizTimerd -option [-option]..
Where option=
all/a: download, search, output timers, transfer, append
download:
search:
output:
transfer:
debug:
practise: will search XML, download timers from Wiz, show what will be deleted/set, but won't
make changes on the Beyonwiz. Use with other options except reboot.
reboot: separate option to reboot beyonwiz for GUI to load timer changes MUST BE RUN SEPARATELY

Requires wizremote installed on the Beyonwiz from Eric Fry to operate. You are best to install wizremote into the Beyonwiz /tmp/config directory, rather than on the Beyonwiz HDD, as doing a HDD check (which the Beyonwiz will do if it has a bad shutdown for example) will fail when any application is currently open on the HDD. /tmp/config is mounted from a flash sector on boot, and regularly saved during operation, and is maintained after a firmware upgrade too (it is where all the channel scan settings are stored, all timers and other Beywoniz settings).

See here for information about various opensourced projects for the Beyonwiz (and hints etc for installing applications to the Beyonwiz):
http://www.openwiz.org/wiki/Main_Page

You need to disable AES encryption for this to work (at the moment). There are perl modules to support AES, so I will investigate this for the next release, unless someone else wants to give it a go. To do this on the beyonwiz, simply rename the wizremote.key to wizremote.key.old, and to replace the wizremote_inc.php with the one in this zipfile if you still want to use the php web based wizremote interface that Eric provides for checking, editing deleting and manually adding timers (I was using it all the time to check what was uploaded, it saves having to reboot the Wiz all the time).

Put all files from this zipfile into the one directory to run, edit the wizip and gmt depending on region and/or XML source (some won't need any offset added, and all timer information on the Beyonwiz is luckily in localtime).

You MUST either copy the wizremote web config_channels_inc.php generated by Eric's Wizremote update_channels.php script from your webserver, or by running the attached perl update_channelinfo.pl script. Make sure the created config_channels_inc.php is copied to the wiztimerd working directory (specified in wiztimerd.settings). "./" means the current directory by the way.

I have been running commonly with:
perl wiztimerd.pl -all
perl wiztimerd.pl -all -practise if you don't want the application disturbing the beyonwiz timers (add or delete) at all, to observe the program behaviour and ensure everything is setup correctly first.

I haven't explored some of the other options that Jim has left in there yet (including running with the run.sh script).

Settings file wiztimerd.settings now looks like this (use the attached file, the # here is just to explain the option)

Code: Select all

favfile::favourites.ini
xmlfile::listings.xml
workdir::./
outputdir::./
wizip::ipaddress_of_beyonwiz (or hostname) must be setup to connect to the wizremote daemon
wizport::30464 (TCP port of wizremote).
channelfile::config_channels_inc.php  (you must either copy the channel config from the Web PHP wizremote, or run the "perl update_channelinfo.pl" script to obtain channel info, if you rename channels in the Beyonwiz, you must re-run this script and copy the channelfile to the working directory).
datestamp::DD/MM
gmt::10:00  #ICE XML is GMT reference, this will be added to make XML data localtime.
startbuffer::-00 #as the beyonwiz supports its own padding, this is best left at 00, although it will cope with real settings.  negative means starts earlier than forecast start by XXmins
endbuffer::+00 #positive padding means duration is extended by XXmins
join::+ #string used to join titles together when combining timers
showtitle::- #string used to join prog subtitle with main title, e.g Scrapheap Challenge-Steam Car
addtime::50 #minutes added if show is between addtime start/end minutes in the day (needs more work to, say, support 23:00 to 06:00 for example)
addtimestart::0
addtimeend::360
overrun::15 #minutes to add to the end of any shows that follow the overrun.shows listed shows
writelog::yes
transfer::
download::
repeatflag::\[Rpt\]  #the xml interpreter sees the ICE "<previously-shown" and puts [Rpt] into the description of the event, thus this is the flag.  The attached sample xml document is not ICE, for obvious copyright reasons, and doesn't have repeat flags it seems.
repeatmethod::
#left side of channel rename is ice/xml name, right side is PVR channel name.   This MUST be setup correctly or else you will end up with "phantom" times in the beyonwiz that don't have any channel reference to them (if the script detects a channel issue, it proceeds the timer name with an error message so you can edit in the Beyonwiz
renamechannels::"ABC1-ABC1:Seven HD-7 HD:Seven-7 Digital:Ten HD-10 HD:Ten-10 Digital:ABC2-ABC2:Nine HD-9 HD:Nine-9 Digital:SBS-SBS:SBS World News Digital-SBS News"
ignoretimers::daily #name of timers not to delete/modify.   I have a daily wakeup timer which I named "daily" (by making a real wiz timer to provide a name, then editing to a wakeup/view timer).
deleteok::no #wiztimerd will add and delete timers from the beyonwiz if it detects changes or new clashes.   If you don't want any timers deleted, then set this to no, else yes.   Wiztimerd appears to not delete any timers if it has no new timers to add, possibly to protect against, say, a day of no XMLTV data (or empty XMLTV file).

Still to do:
*Get the addtime working a bit better, currently it does a basic "if start time in minutes is between X and Y, add extra duration", but this doesn't work for, say, if you want to start this process at 11pm and finish it at 6am.
*Get a priority scheme working for HD vs SD channels, so that if a favourite matches on both channels, decide how to prioritise if you want the HD version or the SD version recorded. At first you might think to just put the HD channels only into the search criteria in the favourites.ini file, however take 3 examples from real life:
Channel Nine had "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicals" on both SD and HD at the same time, but when they introduced some trashy reality show to attempt to boost ratings (Scifi never rates really :sniff:), they moved T:TSCC after the trash show on SD, and didn't show it at all on HD (instead showing Nightline on HD!).
Channel Ten now puts MOTOGP and the F1 on the HD channel in "realtime" rather than delayed to after 10.30pm or later, and for that week, doesn't show the typically 9.30 or 10.30 program that normally showed on HD, this impacted "Supernatural" (which looks *great* in HD, thanx Ten for not showing an encore grrr), and now "Dexter" which I haven't seen but have it on good authority that this is another excellent HD show (pilot starting this Sunday 6 July 2008).
*iron out a few other quirks. I turned on perl warnings and strict, and found a *heap* of issues with essentially PerlTGD which I repaired along the way, and will eventually merge these fixes back into the PerlTGD Topfield code. You will find that if you, say, have an extra TAB in your faves file where it doesn't belong, then you may get errors reported now by the perl interpreter. I think this is better than no errors and perl "guessing" about what to do (which I figure it must do for the Toppy PerlTGD given the various bits that are directly copied out of it).
*a few other odds & sodds :-)
*creating a new version of Wizremote that supports LCNs rather than the variable channel names (which can now be edited on the Beyonwiz and thus requires you to rerun the update_channelinfo.pl script if you rename any channels, and then also updating both your favourites file and the settings channel rename file. I have already analysed the mods require to wizremote to achieve this, and believe it is not a huge change, the biggest issue is trying to keep everything backwards compatible.

Cheers,
Tony 3/7/2008
Last edited by tonymy01 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 18:06, edited 2 times in total.
Tony

Teddles
Master

Re: wiztimerd-0.2 timer setting perl utility.

Post by Teddles » Thu Jul 03, 2008 15:47

tonymy01 wrote:If you don't understand any of this, then at the moment, this solution is probably not for you,............
You can say that again! :shock:
Teddles

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Thu Jul 03, 2008 16:20

Hi Tony,

What a mouth full post that was. ;)

While I am really interested in what this system could offer I am still worried about modifying the Beyonwiz firmware away from the default. I really wish Beyonwiz would address the issue of user installed modifications and provide us with an authorised/approved procedure that is known to be stable and acceptable to Beyonwiz.

I wonder how much easier this whole process would be if Steven was able to complete his timer management APIs. (This would would also is some way protect/isolate us from any possible demise of IceTV.)

Regards,
Ian.

janilxx

Post by janilxx » Thu Jul 03, 2008 17:30

tonymy01 wrote: The URL formatting on this wiz forum doesn't support brackets, I tried renaming the topic over on beyonwizsoftware.net and this didn't carry to the forum directory name...grr.
I am using one forum software modification to generate those prettier URLs and the version, which I use does not change URL if you change the topic.
I do not know if newer modification would solve this problem.
At the moment I have changed some URLs by hands directly from database. If I have time, I will change this URL directly into DB also.
lets hope that Janilx's server is reliable!
I haven't checked how well my web hotel works (it is not the same hotel where TAPWorld lives). My Finnish BW site/forum is still closed because BW has not yet announced officially they will come to Finland.
But as far as I know there hasn't been problems with my hotel.

One question about EPG data format. Is XMLTV the only format or is also TGD supported. We have nice service for EPG data made by one toppy user and it does not support XMLTV (at least not yet). This service is much better than Finnish XMLTV systems.

And GMT setting, I suppose it does not support daylight saving time automatically? Or do user have to care about daylight saving time at all?

janilxx

Post by janilxx » Thu Jul 03, 2008 17:45

New URL for this in Beyonwiz Software:
http://www.beyonwizsoftware.net/softwar ... ztimerd/0/

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 17:56

I had to change the GMT offset manually when DST changed for PerlTGD for the Toppie, this section of code has not changed. But give me a few weeks/months and I will certainly get the GMT offset working automatically to accomodate the unix TZ localtime/gmttime options. At the moment, 75% of Wiztimerd is a port of the PerlTGD to support the Wiz, so I haven't done a lot at making any fixes/improvements in the existing PerlTGD code or methods (I have put a few fixes in here and there, but mostly to avoid "variable uninitialised" type errors.

For some reason, Jim coupled the XML processing and timer searching code back into the one Perl script for this wiztimerd. For perlTGD for my Toppie, I run "xmltv2tgd.pl" first to download the xml & process to TGD, then perlTGD to search for the favourites and set the timers on the Toppy.

I guess Jim wanted to make this solution get away from the non-standard "Topfield Guide Data" format that PeterU and I came up with in about 10minutes chatting on a forum, and instead use the much more standard XML format, especially as the Beyonwiz isn't a Topfield.

I remember why we came up with this TGD format... I had essentially written some basic software to upload guide data to the Topfield, and wanted to "shoehorn" an XML parser into the TAP to be able to load XML, but was finding with recursive analysis of an XML document, it was taking of the order of 1hour or more to process the XML with a bit of shoe-horned code I found to recursively process XML. We realised a flat file format was going to be a much better proposal for fast loading on the CPU challenged Topfield, and the TGD format was born.

With perl, nearly anything is possible thankfully, and I think my coding skills have improved a tiny bit since the early early days of the development of EPG_uploader, so already I am thinking about how to parse guide data into the wiztimerd from sources which aren't xml....(e.g. downloaded FTA guide data from the Toppie :-)). Of course all my motivation for doing this is low at the moment because the ICE solution (and ICE Interactive) is working quite well for me, I actually feed wiztimerd with ICE-XML which I use for the Topfield when getting it working over the last week and a bit.
But part of my motivation for finishing something I promised ages ago, i.e. porting PerlTGD to work for the Wiz, is with the recent nastiness associated with the Nein network here in Australia, taking ICETV to court over copyright infringement of what they claim to be "their artistic, high talent, high effort guide generation process", and big rich paid lawyers don't have a clue about technology, and unfortunately the angle Nein is now using in the court cases is based on genuine copyright infringement issues, so it doesn't bode well for ICE at this stage. (Their original spin was trying to mangle advert skipping and EPG into the argument, what a joke). I still believe that a list of what time TV shows start should not be able to be copyright anyway, as everyone needs to know what time a show starts (it is beneficial for the networks), and why not have it presented to us in a much better way with value added services like what ICE is doing. How they can claim that generating the guide took reasonable time & effort etc is ludicrous also, all TV networks generate shedules for how they will play-out the TV shows that are then fed to the people who generate the guides.

Argh, I digress too much, I really am passionate about this silly stuff by Nein as it is destroying a *very* useful service in my books.
Regards
Tony

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Jul 03, 2008 18:36

tonymy01 wrote:...
give me a few weeks/months and I will certainly get the GMT offset working automatically to accomodate the unix TZ localtime/gmttime options.
The standard package Time::Piece allows you to do:

use Time::Piece;
my $t = localtime;
my $off = $t->tzoffset; # timezone offset in a Time::Seconds object
$off->seconds;          # timezone offset in seconds
$off->minutes;          # timezone offset in minutes
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 18:53

Thanks Peter. The past week, I have been putting back all the routines that Jim took out related to searching & conflict management, fixing up various quirks that were hidden by Jim not having the perl strict & warnings enabled, and generally getting this to behave the same as my Topfield PerlTGD version while doing the talking to wizremote rather than simple file transfers, so haven't looked at improving any of the existing functionality that was already in the perlTGD release that Jim has done for the Topfield.
I wanted to get it out there first and prove it could be done for any of you crying out for a timer setting solution based on faves/keywords etc criteria, full conflict management based on priorities, timer name "sub-timer" additions, date-stamps etc
Part of the issue with PerlTGD is that it doesn't deal with dates & times as real unix dates & times, it manipulates it all with strings & perl matches. So it would need some extensive mods to get it to use better TZ time management code.

The other issue is of course the same issue that we have for the Topfield every year.
If the XML guide provider correctly adjusts all guide entries for the DST transitiion (for localtime XML this isn't a problem, but for GMT time ICE type data it is), then the code can't just use a blanket GMT offset based on the system offset at the time, it essentially has to see that "the timer in 3 days time is really X+GMT+1" not "X+GMT".
Actually, this isn't a major issue, the moral dilemma(:-)) I had with this for the 5K was the EPG-uploading side rather than timer uploading side, as the EIT is GMT, but the STB displays the EPG using its known GMT offset value, then if you go into the guide and set a timer for three days time, then the current GMT offset+GMT EIT start time is incorrect for that entry, so I can "pre adjust" the EPG on uploading so that it displays correctly in the EPG at all times, but then once the STB actually does the DST transition, then all the EPG entries are out by an hour again.... thus the "reload" option was born, where the TAP will do a reload of the EPG and thus correct everything again. When I start to investigate EPG uploading to the Wiz, I will have the same issues.
Regards
Tony

jim16
Apprentice

Post by jim16 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 20:21

Hi All,

Nice work Tony.

As you have picked up there were lots of things to tidy up in perlTGD and the wizTimerd file was very much a quick rip and hack effort. I have been meaning to in the past couple month sit down and cleanup the code for perlTGD and create a universal tool called pvrTimersd but haven't had the time, motivation and also got distracted programming my MultiViewEPG TAP.
For some reason, Jim coupled the XML processing and timer searching code back into the one Perl script for this wiztimerd. For perlTGD for my Toppie, I run "xmltv2tgd.pl" first to download the xml & process to TGD, then perlTGD to search for the favourites and set the timers on the Toppy.

I guess Jim wanted to make this solution get away from the non-standard "Topfield Guide Data" format that PeterU and I came up with in about 10minutes chatting on a forum, and instead use the much more standard XML format, especially as the Beyonwiz isn't a Topfield.
Thats right. I put the XML searching in as that is the standard for the TV guide listings and felt that it was the way it should be done for a universal solution.

Looking forward to seeing the progress of this and especially the uploading of EPG from sources other the ICE. Only having the options of FTA and ICE is the top one of two factors holding me back from buying the wiz ( the other is no TenHD is Regional aus ). If I could use the data which my harvesters gather then I would buy a P1 tomorrow and allow the Toppy to retire.

regards

jim16

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Thu Jul 03, 2008 21:46

tonymy01 wrote:You are best to install wizremote into the Beyonwiz /tmp/config directory, rather than on the Beyonwiz HDD, as doing a HDD check (which the Beyonwiz will do if it has a bad shutdown for example) will fail when any application is currently open on the HDD. /tmp/config is mounted from a flash sector on boot, and regularly saved during operation, and is maintained after a firmware upgrade too (it is where all the channel scan settings are stored, all timers and other Beywoniz settings).
Will a factory reset remove wizremote?
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 21:53

Don't know, haven't done a factory reset in about 6 months, before I started all the telnet etc hacking. Someone (Eric on the #openwiz irc.freenode.net channel I think) else suggested that, even though there is a default configuration, it does not simply wipe the whole /tmp/config structure, and whatever is sitting in that directory remains after a factory reset, but they weren't 100% sure and I don't really want to setup all my channels and favourites again to test it for myself.
Oh, talking about setting up channels...
You may notice the channel names in both the wiztimerd.settings, favourites.ini and the config_channels_inc.php files are not the default broadcast channels. Since I am running f/w version 247, I renamed all my HD channels to simpler names.
When I get some more motivation or time, I will look at improving wizremote to support LCNs and will make this whole thing a lot simpler to setup (and generally your LCNs don't change).
Regards
Tony

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Jul 03, 2008 22:04

Part of the issue with PerlTGD is that it doesn't deal with dates & times as real unix dates & times, it manipulates it all with strings & perl matches. So it would need some extensive mods to get it to use better TZ time management code.
Have a look at the standard package Time::Local, which does the opposite of localtime(); i.e. converts a local time as YY:MM:DD hh:mm:ss into Unix seconds-since-the-epoch.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Fri Jul 04, 2008 00:44

as a point of interest marky is writing a script for setting up perltgd on the toppy, you might be able to port this over too!

Kezza
? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
SD Toppy 5000PVRt BP - Not Used
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

belly
Apprentice

Post by belly » Tue May 19, 2009 23:12

I just got a dp-1 and i want to install wizTimerd. I have spent the last few days reading various theads, but im still a little confused. My questions are-
1) what us the best / safest way to install telnet, i found a link to tonys usb hack but i cant find it again. im a windows user so i was just hoping for a firmware thats been hacked to allow telnet to be run when a usb stick is plugged in
2) after i install wizremote do i need to setup the webserver for wizTimerd to work.
3) just want to clarify what wizTimerd also the webserver runs on, im assuming on my nslu2 or does it run on the beyonwiz itself.

thanks
Belly

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Wed May 20, 2009 08:17

nslu2 or anything that can run a webserver with php cgi support. Jim16 wrote perltgd to support a PC webserver initially I believe. I would not suggest attempting to install a webserver on the Wiz, it is already memory constrained.
Actually Jim took his PerlTGD and my WizTimerd fixes of PerlTGD to write pvrtimersd. I have not tried that version of it yet because PerlTGD works fine for my Topfield and because I use ICE for the Wiz (this was to develop a fall-back plan in case ICE disappeared).
Tony

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed May 20, 2009 08:46

tonymy01 wrote:... I would not suggest attempting to install a webserver on the Wiz, it is already memory constrained. ...
The Beyonwiz already has a Web server in it. Even the DP-H1, which doesn't use it. Unfortunately it doesn't have CGI enabled, even though the source code for it (SHTTPD) has it available as a compile-time option.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

belly
Apprentice

Post by belly » Wed May 20, 2009 13:05

Thanks,
I have had a look at Jims pvrtimersd and it seems support for the beyonwiz is yet to be added.
So for now if i use wizTimerd on my nslu2, and set up a cron job for it to run every day. If i have that and wizremote on my beyonwiz, and as i see it, i need not set up the web server on my nslu2 for this to work. Or do i?

With reguards to the telnet hack, what is the best way to do this? Do i just use the hacked version (old firmware) and then update to the latest firmware or use the option to run it from a usb stick (Better security?) If so i cant find where the link to it is, i found it once, i think it was a download from tony's website.
Is there any need to leave the telnet hack on the Wiz once wizremote is installed?

Belly

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed May 20, 2009 15:55

belly wrote:Thanks,
I have had a look at Jims pvrtimersd and it seems support for the beyonwiz is yet to be added.
So for now if i use wizTimerd on my nslu2, and set up a cron job for it to run every day. If i have that and wizremote on my beyonwiz, and as i see it, i need not set up the web server on my nslu2 for this to work. Or do i?

With reguards to the telnet hack, what is the best way to do this? Do i just use the hacked version (old firmware) and then update to the latest firmware or use the option to run it from a usb stick (Better security?) If so i cant find where the link to it is, i found it once, i think it was a download from tony's website.
Is there any need to leave the telnet hack on the Wiz once wizremote is installed?

Belly
IIRC, the old telnet hack firmware only enables telnet when that firmware is installed. If you upgrade to another firmware, the telnet capabiluty goes away.

The BWFWTools package (Perl installation required) has a tool bw_patcher that allows various minor firmware patches to be made. The bw_patcher module Beyonwiz::Hack::Telnet will patch any firmware version (perhaps not some really ancient ones) to enable telnet while running that patched version of the firmware. If you use it, you need to re-patch the firmware for each new version, and you can disable telnet by re-installing an original Beyonwiz firmware package.

The bw_patcher module Beyonwiz::Hack::BwhackSupport installs a persistent hack script that allows you to enable and disable hacks (including enabling/disabling telnet) from your PC using the BWFWTools bwhack tool. If you install Beyonwiz::Hack::BwhackSupport, the hack will survive firmware upgrades. There are instructions in the documentation about how to remove it.

The bwhack script allows you to enable and disable wizremote remotely, but that function is untested. Beyonwiz::Hack::BwhackSupport does not install the wizremote hack itself, it just allows you to enable and disable it remotely.

The README.txt file in BWFWTools has notes about how to get Perl for Windows. Other supported platforms (OS X, Linux) normally have Perl installed.

BWFWTools are all command-line tools, and they don't have a GUI. They have to be run from a Windows command window.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed May 20, 2009 17:30

Hi Belly,

You should also note that hacking the firmware does mean that should you experience any problems you should to return factory firmware, without any hacks, so that your issue can be confirmed before expecting and Beyonwiz support. Also, if you use the hacked firmware then you should always remind people that you are not using standard firmware when asking for help or pointing out and issues.

Regards,
Ian.

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:26

how do i transfer a file using telnet to the BW?
? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:31

Kezza wrote:how do i transfer a file using telnet to the BW?
Put the file on a Windows share that the Beyonwiz can access. Mount the share on the Beyonwiz by navigating into it in the File Player. Telnet into the Beyonwiz. Use the "mount" command (no arguments) to find out where the share has been mounted in the file system. Use the "cp" (copy) command to copy the file from the share to wherever you want on the Beyonwiz.

You can follow a similar procedure to transfer the file on a memory stick or flash card.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:32

telnet is not used for file transfer.

It gives you a command line - similar to CMD.EXE in Windows/DOS.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:57

prl wrote:
Put the file on a Windows share that the Beyonwiz can access. Mount the share on the Beyonwiz by navigating into it in the File Player. Telnet into the Beyonwiz. Use the "mount" command (no arguments) to find out where the share has been mounted in the file system. Use the "cp" (copy) command to copy the file from the share to wherever you want on the Beyonwiz.

You can follow a similar procedure to transfer the file on a memory stick or flash card.
is this how to do it for installing wizremote?
? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Oct 08, 2009 13:08

Kezza wrote:
prl wrote:

is this how to do it for installing wizremote?
It's the answer to your first question. You can presumably install the wizremote daemon this way, but I haven't looked at the installation instructions.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 13:20

Sorry, been slack to answer this, really hell busy.
Yes, telnet and then surf the Wiz via the GUI to a windows share on your windows PC. Type "mount" and you will see the windows share is mapped to something like /tmp/mnt/smb/blah/blah/blah
And then cp /tmp/mnt/smb/blah/blah/blah/filetocopy /tmp/config or /tmp/mnt/idehdd/whatever etc.
I have tried coming up with a suitable syntax to be able to smbmount (or mount -t smbfs) and haven't managed it (suspecting something is missing with the busybox mount to be able to do this), so do it via the Wiz GUI.
Of course you could use USB to do the same (but you don't need to mount the USB via the GUI).
Tony

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Oct 08, 2009 13:24

I have tried coming up with a suitable syntax to be able to smbmount (or mount -t smbfs) and haven't managed it (suspecting something is missing with the busybox mount to be able to do this), so do it via the Wiz GUI...
I've tried to do this too, with the same lack of success. I've begun to suspect that the mount is done with a direct system call inside wizdvp.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Sat Oct 10, 2009 22:58

I've run "update_channels.php" with a strange result

<?php //Generated 10-Oct-2009 23:57:03

$GLOBALS["channels"] = array(
"4115,1282,1312" => "7 Digital",
"4112,545,546" => "ABC2",
"4112,545,548" => "",
"4115,1282,1315" => "7 HD Digital",
"4115,1282,1316" => "7 HD Digital",
"4114,1056,1057" => "ONE HD",
"4114,1056,1058" => "ONE HD",
"4114,1056,1059" => "ONE HD",
"4116,1538,1569" => "ONE HD",
"4116,1538,1573" => "TEN Digital",
"4116,1538,1575" => "ONE HD",
"4116,1538,1576" => "ONE DIGITAL",
"4112,545,544" => "ABC HDTV",
"4112,545,545" => "ABC1",
"4112,545,546" => "ABC DiG Radio",
"4112,545,547" => "ABC DiG Radio",
"4112,545,548" => "ABC DiG Radio",
"4112,545,550" => "ABC DiG Radio",
"4112,545,551" => "ABC DiG Jazz",
"0,0,544" => "ABC DiG Radio",
"0,0,545" => "ABC DiG Radio",
"0,0,546" => "ABC DiG Radio",
"0,0,547" => "ABC DiG Radio",
"0,0,548" => "ABC DiG Radio",
"0,0,550" => "ABC DiG Radio",
"0,0,551" => "ABC DiG Jazz",
"4114,1056,1057" => "NINE DIGITAL",
"4114,1056,1058" => "NINE HD",
"4114,1056,1059" => "GO!",
"12802,768,769" => "SBS ONE",
"12802,768,770" => "SBS TWO",
"12802,768,772" => "SBS HD",
"12802,768,773" => "SBS HD",
"12802,768,774" => "SBS HD",
"12802,768,782" => "SBS Radio 1",
"12802,768,783" => "SBS Radio 2",
"57,1,4" => "ABC2",
"57,1,40" => "ABC2",
"57,1,41" => "ABC2",
"57,1,44" => "ABC2",
"57,1,45" => "ABC2",
"57,1,46" => "ABC2",
"57,1,47" => "ABC2",
"57,1,48" => "ABC2",
"57,1,49" => "ABC2",
"0,0,1569" => "ABC2",
"0,0,1573" => "ABC2",
"0,0,1575" => "ABC2",
"0,0,1576" => "ABC2",
"0,0,1312" => "ABC2",
"0,0,1313" => "ABC2",
"0,0,1314" => "ABC2",
"0,0,1315" => "ABC2",
"0,0,1316" => "ABC2");

?>
is this bad?
? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 23:03

Your wiz has lots of strange duplicates!
Tony

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Sun Oct 11, 2009 08:05

i deleted some channels could that be the cause?
? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Sun Oct 11, 2009 09:04

did a rescan of all channels

<?php //Generated 11-Oct-2009 10:01:19

"4115,1282,1313" => "7 Digital 1",
"4115,1282,1314" => "7 Digital 2",
"4115,1282,1315" => "7 Digital 3",
"4112,545,547" => "ABC1",
"4112,545,548" => "ABC3",
"0,0,544" => "ABC HDTV",
"0,0,545" => "ABC1",
"0,0,546" => "ABC2",
"0,0,547" => "ABC1",
"0,0,548" => "ABC3",
"0,0,1057" => "NINE DIGITAL",
"0,0,1058" => "NINE HD",
"0,0,1059" => "GO!",
"12802,768,772" => "SBS 3",
"12802,768,773" => "SBS 4",
"57,1,4" => "FTV Guide",
"57,1,40" => "NITV",
"57,1,41" => "D44-News",
"57,1,44" => "Digital Forty-Four",
"57,1,45" => "Teachers TV",
"57,1,46" => "ACCTV",
"57,1,47" => "Parliament - Representa",
"57,1,48" => "Parliament - Senate",
"57,1,49" => "EXPO",
"0,0,1569" => "ONE HD",
"0,0,1573" => "TEN Digital",
"0,0,1575" => "ONE HD",
"0,0,1576" => "ONE DIGITAL",
"0,0,1312" => "7 Digital",
"0,0,1313" => "7 Digital 1",
"0,0,1314" => "7 Digital 2",
"0,0,1315" => "7 Digital 3",
"0,0,1316" => "7 HD Digital");

?>
? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 09:53

I wouldn't delete channels, simply use favourites, the handling is a lot better than the Toppy as the EPG uses your faves order also.
I am guessing Beyonwiz leaves the deleted channels in place so DCM doesn't bring them back (when implemented properly). It appears you are the first to publicly find this!
Regards
Tony

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Mon Oct 12, 2009 09:17

have issues with timers not being set to a channel, any idea how to fix this?

config_channels_inc.php

<?php //Generated 11-Oct-2009 10:01:19

"4115,1282,1315" => "7 Digital 3",
"4112,545,548" => "ABC3",
"0,0,544" => "ABC HDTV",
"0,0,545" => "ABC1",
"0,0,546" => "ABC2",
"0,0,547" => "ABC1",
"0,0,548" => "ABC3",
"0,0,1057" => "NINE DIGITAL",
"0,0,1058" => "NINE HD",
"0,0,1059" => "GO!",
"57,1,4" => "FTV Guide",
"57,1,40" => "NITV",
"57,1,41" => "D44-News",
"57,1,44" => "Digital Forty-Four",
"57,1,45" => "Teachers TV",
"57,1,46" => "ACCTV",
"57,1,47" => "Parliament - Representa",
"57,1,48" => "Parliament - Senate",
"57,1,49" => "EXPO",
"0,0,1569" => "ONE HD",
"0,0,1573" => "TEN Digital",
"0,0,1575" => "ONE HD",
"0,0,1576" => "ONE DIGITAL",
"0,0,1312" => "7 Digital",
"0,0,1313" => "7 Digital 1",
"0,0,1314" => "7 Digital 2",
"0,0,1315" => "7 Digital 3",
"0,0,1316" => "7 HD Digital");

?>

wiztimerd.settings

#left side is ice/xml name, right side is PVR channel name
renamechannels::"ABC1 NSW-ABC1:Seven Sydney-7 Digital:Seven HD-7 HD Digital:One NSW-ONE HD:ABC2-ABC2:Nine Sydney-NINE DIGITAL:Nine HD-NINE HD:GO!-GO!:SBS NSW-SBS ONE:SBS2 NSW-SBS TWO:Ten Sydney-TEN Digital:"
? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Mon Oct 12, 2009 09:23

this is the first little bit of listings.xml

listings.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<tv generator-info-name="OzTiVo TVGuide" source-info-url="http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Guidedata/WebHome">
  <channel id="nsw.abc.gov.au"><display-name>ABC1 NSW</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="abc2.abc.gov.au"><display-name>ABC2</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="go.nine.com.au"><display-name>GO!</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="hd.seven.com.au"><display-name>Seven HD</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="hd.nine.com.au"><display-name>Nine HD</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="nsw.one.ten.com.au"><display-name>One NSW</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="nsw.sbs2.sbs.com.au"><display-name>SBS2 NSW</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="sydney.nine.com.au"><display-name>Nine Sydney</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="nsw.sbs.com.au"><display-name>SBS NSW</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="sydney.seven.com.au"><display-name>Seven Sydney</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="sydney.ten.com.au"><display-name>Ten Sydney</display-name></channel>
  <programme start="20091012000000 +1100" stop="20091012020000 +1100" channel="sydney.seven.com.au">
    <title>Butter</title>
    <desc>When a talented singer&apos;s career takes off, she decides to change record companies - a decision that will change her life forever.</desc>
    <credits>
      <director>Peter Gathings Bunche</director>
      <actor>Ernie Hudson</actor>
      <actor>Shemar Moore</actor>
      <actor>Nia Long</actor>
      <actor>Donnie Wahlberg</actor>
    </credits>
    <date>1997</date>
    <category>Action</category>
    <category>Action and Adventure</category>
    <category>Movies</category>
    <rating><value>AV</value></rating>
    <star-rating><value>3/10</value></star-rating>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20091012000000 +1100" stop="20091012060000 +1100" channel="abc2.abc.gov.au">
    <title>Closed</title>
    <desc>Station Close</desc>
    <category>Station Close</category>
    <star-rating><value>0/10</value></star-rating>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20091012002500 +1100" stop="20091012020000 +1100" channel="sydney.nine.com.au">
    <title>The Brigand of Kandahar</title>
    <desc>Set in 1850s India, this film follows a half-caste British officer in the Bengal Lancers who is falsely accused of cowardice, court-martialled and discharged.</desc>
    <credits>
      <director>John Gilling</director>
      <actor>Ronald Lewis</actor>
      <actor>Oliver Reed</actor>
      <actor>Duncan Lamont</actor>
      <actor>Yvonne Romain</actor>
    </credits>
    <date>1965</date>
    <category>Historical Drama</category>
    <category>Movie</category>
    <rating><value>PG</value></rating>
    <star-rating><value>5/10</value></star-rating>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20091012003500 +1100" stop="20091012020500 +1100" channel="nsw.abc.gov.au">
    <title>Women Of Twilight</title>
    <desc>Vivianne is a young woman forced to rent a room in a decrepit boarding house for unmarried mothers.</desc>
    <credits>
      <director>Gordon Parry</director>
      <actor>Freda Jackson</actor>
    </credits>
    <date>1952</date>
    <category>Crime Drama</category>
    <category>Drama Group</category>
    <star-rating><value>6/10</value></star-rating>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20091012004500 +1100" stop="20091012050000 +1100" channel="nsw.sbs2.sbs.com.au">
    <title>Weatherwatch Overnight</title>
    <desc>A weather report bringing viewers the latest weather conditions from around Australia and featuring music.</desc>
    <category>Weather</category>
    <category>News and Business</category>
    <rating><value>G</value></rating>
    <star-rating><value>0/10</value></star-rating>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20091012005000 +1100" stop="20091012045000 +1100" channel="sydney.ten.com.au">
    <title>World Netball Series</title>
    <sub-title>Finals Night</sub-title>
    <desc>The Aussie Diamonds take on the world&apos;s best including England, New Zealand and Jamaica to claim the title in this unique new shortened form of the game.</desc>
  </programme>
? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:25

look at your channel details,0,0,0. This is not good. Either something has changed with the new fw or something still isn't right with your stored channels in the wiz. Let me give it a shot tonight, i use ice so haven't used this in ages though and Eric hasn't posted on the wiz forums for ages.
Tony

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Mon Oct 12, 2009 15:58

does the layout of the listings.xml file make any difference?
? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Tue Oct 13, 2009 21:37

any luck so far?
? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 22:14

look at this:

New channel list saved to config_channels_inc.php

<?php //Generated 13-Oct-2009 22:35:08

"4115,1282,1316" => "7 HD",
"57,1,4" => "FTV Guide",
"57,1,40" => "NITV",
"12802,768,769" => "SBS",
"12802,768,770" => "SBS 2",
"57,1,41" => "D44-News",
"57,1,44" => "D44",
"57,1,45" => "D44-NSW",
"57,1,46" => "D44-ACC",
"57,1,47" => "Teachers TV/Parl",
"57,1,48" => "Teachers TV/Parl",
"57,1,49" => "D44-EXPO",
"4114,1056,1058" => "NINE DIGITAL",
"4114,1056,1059" => "NINE DIGITAL",
"57,1,402" => "7 HD",
"57,1,403" => "7 HD",
"57,1,404" => "7 HD",
"57,1,405" => "7 HD",
"57,1,406" => "7 HD",
"57,1,407" => "7 HD",
"4112,545,548" => "ABC3");

?>
This is mine. So something is a bit wacked now it seems with wizremote, probably with how it deals with unnamed services & DCM moved/altered services (all the 57,1 in mine is D44 here in Sydney, which has both radio and TV channels, all the 4114,1056 is Nine and all the rigmarole we went thru when Go came about). I am going to have a look at svc.dat and see what I come up with. But I guess as long as you get the *proper* TSId/ONId/svcID of your broadcaster & service, then it will work, ignore your silly 0,0 ones (unless someone really is sending this in your area!).

Notice how ABC3 is at the end of the list with mine? This is possibly because I did delete it at some point and DCM brought it back, or DCM brought it in anyway.
Tony

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 22:32

Kezza wrote:any luck so far?
So is wizremote showing your current timers correctly (the good ones, not the dud ones)? If I was you, I would purge the 0,0,blah lines out of your config_channels_inc.php file. I think IIRC I coded wiztimersd to use the first match of the channel name in that file... yep:
channelfile::config_channels_inc.php

You MUST either copy the wizremote web config_channels_inc.php generated by
the Wizremote update_channels.php script from your webserver, or by running
the attached perl update_channelinfo.pl script. Make sure the created
config_channels_inc.php is copied to the wiztimerd working directory
specified in wiztimerd.settings). "./" means the current directory by the way
I will check the perl code shortly, but I am pretty sure I simply use a perl search through config_channels_inc.php to match the text of the channel name in listings.xml to to build out the timer to send to the Wiz.

So I am guessing if you attempt to set timers in the wiz with those 0,0,blah entries (which I reckon are channels you have deleted along the way in your Wiz), the Wiz probably doesn't like this, and as you can see with wizremote, it clearly shows this. What do the timers look like in the Wiz GUI?
#left side of channel rename is ice/xml name, right side is PVR channel name.
This MUST be setup correctly or else you will end up with "phantom" times in the
beyonwiz that don't have any channel reference to them (if the script detects
a channel issue, it proceeds the timer name with an error message so you can edit
in the Beyonwiz
Wow, it feels like an eternity ago when I wrote this, I can't believe how much work I put into it for so little feedback (I dunno if anyone is actually using it!?).
So, as I say there, I proceed the timer name with an error message, it appears ChanErr: as per your timers above, so the wiztimerd already had a problem with trying to create timers for your shows in the Wiz, probably as it couldn't 100% match the config_channels_inc.php channel name with the channel name done in the substitution on the renamechannels:: line.... let me finish this edit (I have edited this post about 3 times now), reread your message again and see if I get any pointers for your issue...
Tony

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Wed Oct 14, 2009 21:21

have you tryed to get it working on your wiz?
does it mater how the listings.xml file is layed out?
? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Wed Oct 14, 2009 21:54

i don't know if this helps but its the end of my wiztimerd.log file

Timers To Be Set

Date/Time   	    Duration	Title

2009-10-18 09:25	95	Scrapheap Challenge+Scrapheap Challenge 18/10
	2009-10-19 21:30	60	Doctor Who+Doctor Who Confidential 19/10
	2009-10-25 09:25	95	Scrapheap Challenge+Scrapheap Challenge 25/10
	2009-10-19 19:30	60	Top Gear-Sbs 20091019_monday

Writing Timers to wiz.timers.

Timers to be set ::: 4
        Timers to remove ::: 0
ChannelError
adding: ChanError:Scrapheap Challenge+Scrapheap Challenge 18/10 55122:55122:33900:5700:0:0:0:0:0:0
WIZ SOCKET OPENED
ok
ChannelError
adding: ChanError:Doctor Who+Doctor Who Confidential 19/10 55123:55123:77400:3600:0:0:0:0:0:0
WIZ SOCKET OPENED
ok
ChannelError
adding: ChanError:Scrapheap Challenge+Scrapheap Challenge 25/10 55129:55129:33900:5700:0:0:0:0:0:0
WIZ SOCKET OPENED
ok
ChannelError
adding: ChanError:Top Gear-Sbs 20091019_monday 55123:55123:70200:3600:0:0:0:0:0:0
WIZ SOCKET OPENED
ok

Finished writing timers file & Beyonwiz timers.

Now restart the Beyonwiz for it to read the new timers.

Total Time Taken ::: 11 secs

? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Wed Oct 14, 2009 22:06

my new setup, which is still returning the same errors.

config_channels.php

<?php //Generated 13-Oct-2009 16:56:33

"12802,768,770" => "SBS TWO");

?>
wiztimerd.settings

renamechannels::"Seven Sydney-7 Digital:Seven HD-7 HD Digital:Nine Sydney-NINE DIGITAL:Nine HD-NINE HD:GO!-GO!:One NSW-ONE HD:Ten Sydney-TEN Digital:ABC1 NSW-ABC HDTV:ABC2-ABC2:SBS NSW-SBS ONE:SBS2 NSW-SBS TWO:"
a sample of my listings.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<tv generator-info-name="OzTiVo TVGuide" source-info-url="http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Guidedata/WebHome">
  <channel id="abc2.abc.gov.au"><display-name>ABC2</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="go.nine.com.au"><display-name>GO!</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="hd.seven.com.au"><display-name>Seven HD</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="hd.nine.com.au"><display-name>Nine HD</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="nsw.one.ten.com.au"><display-name>One NSW</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="nsw.sbs2.sbs.com.au"><display-name>SBS2 NSW</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="sydney.nine.com.au"><display-name>Nine Sydney</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="nsw.sbs.com.au"><display-name>SBS NSW</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="sydney.seven.com.au"><display-name>Seven Sydney</display-name></channel>
  <channel id="sydney.ten.com.au"><display-name>Ten Sydney</display-name></channel>
  <programme start="20091014000000 +1100" stop="20091014010000 +1100" channel="sydney.seven.com.au">
    <title>I Can Make You Thin</title>
    <sub-title>Supercharge Your Metabolism</sub-title>
    <desc>Your metabolism depends on food and exercise. In this episode, Paul teaches you his positive association technique that will give you more motivation to get you off the couch and into a more active lifestyle.</desc>
    <category>Shopping</category>
    <category>Daytime</category>
    <rating><value>G</value></rating>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20091014000000 +1100" stop="20091014010000 +1100" channel="sydney.nine.com.au">
    <title>20/20</title>
    <sub-title>(Fri-14-Aug-09)</sub-title>
    <desc>News and current affairs program hosted by John Stossel and Elizabeth Vargas, along with a team of investigative reporters. CC</desc>
    <category>News</category>
    <category>News and Business</category>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20091014000000 +1100" stop="20091014010000 +1100" channel="sydney.ten.com.au">
    <title>Tell Me You Love Me</title>
    <desc>This relationship drama follows the lives of three couples in committed relationships, but have intimacy problems.</desc>
    <credits>
      <actor>Ally Walker</actor>
      <actor>Adam Scott</actor>
      <actor>Sonya Walger</actor>
      <actor>Jane Alexander</actor>
    </credits>
    <category>Drama</category>
    <category>Drama Group</category>
    <rating><value>MA</value></rating>
? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 00:36

Can you put a listings.xml up somewhere, the format is pretty much the same as the ICE format, but I have to wonder if something else is going on in the perl interpreter of that file.
Tony

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Thu Oct 15, 2009 06:20

heres a copy of the file Linky you will need to right click and save as.

just in case here is my fav list

#Term   Channel Day     Location        Earlst  LatStrt Pri     Repeats Adjustable
^house$	All	All	Title	Any	Any	5	1	0
Dexter	All	All	Title	Any	Any	2	0	0	
doctor who	All	All	Title	Any	Any	5	0	0	
top gear	All	All	Title	Any	Any	5	0	0
scrapheap	All	All	Title	Any	Any	2	1	0
CSI ALL ALL Title Any any 5 0 0
Kezza
? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

melben

Post by melben » Thu Oct 15, 2009 07:24

Hi Guys

I know nothing about wiztimersd, but when I was using pvrtimersd for my topfield 5000, there was an issue with one particular version when the xml files didn't contain an <lcn> field. I think this resulted in no timers being set??

A little edit to the topfield.pm file was required and Jim then fixed it later.

If this is unrelated to your issue, please ignore me.

Ben

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 07:36

No, this was based on perltgd, which uses this:
to identify this:
<programme start="20091014000000 +1100" stop="20091014010000 +1100" channel="sydney.nine.com.au">

Mind you, in the example listings.xml I provided with wiztimerd, it doesn't have this identifying block at the top at all and works fine just with the channel="xxx" section.

I was going to mod it to support LCNs as it is a pain in the bum when ICE change their channel ids/names.... looks like I didn't have to (as pvrtimersd is an updated version of perltgd, with a bit of my wiztimersd put into it... well, I believe jim16 used some of the work I did?).
Tony

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Oct 15, 2009 08:10

Kezza wrote:...
just in case here is my fav list

#Term   Channel Day     Location        Earlst  LatStrt Pri     Repeats Adjustable
^house$	All	All	Title	Any	Any	5	1	0
Dexter	All	All	Title	Any	Any	2	0	0	
Kezza
If you want to have things come out in even columns in a code box, you need to use spaces, not tabs between columns, and it's usually easier to edit the code fragment in an editor that uses a fixed-width font, and then cut/paste from that to the forum text entry box.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Thu Oct 15, 2009 13:36

interesting, I changed my favs to just search (sbs|sbs2) instead of All and got no hits for the things showing on sbs ie top gear

EDIT: ignore this as it was my stupid fault ...... nothing in xml file for sbs :oops:
Last edited by Kezza on Thu Oct 15, 2009 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Thu Oct 15, 2009 17:20

found the problem, its the formating of the config_channels_inc.php file.
for wizremote it looks like this

<?php //Generated 13-Oct-2009 16:56:33

"12802,768,774" => "SBS HD");

?>
but you need to strip it back and remove all php from it for bwtimerd

4115,1282,1312 => 7 Digital
4115,1282,1316 => 7 HD Digital
4114,1056,1057 => NINE DIGITAL
4114,1056,1058 => NINE HD
4114,1056,1059 => GO!
4116,1538,1569 => ONE HD
4116,1538,1573 => TEN Digital
4116,1538,1576 => ONE DIGITAL
4112,545,544 => ABC HDTV
4112,545,545 => ABC1
4112,545,546 => ABC2
12802,768,769 => SBS ONE
12802,768,770 => SBS TWO
12802,768,774 => SBS HD
found this out by using the perl script, it returned the above file with no php

Kezza
? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

Kezza
Master

Post by Kezza » Thu Oct 15, 2009 19:11

does anyone have any sugestions for a good place to get giude data from?
? Kezza 2008

DLink Boxee Box
HD BW DP-S1 - Broken
YAMAHA RXV800
B&W LM1
Harmony ONE Uni Remote
LG 47LY3DE LCD TV

Return to “Software Developers”