Wiz Mac v0.6 released.

Advanced Discussions on Programing for & Modifying Beyonwiz Products.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

efry
Master

Wiz Mac v0.6 released.

Post by efry » Sat Jun 28, 2008 17:57

Hi Guys,

I've just posted v0.6 of WizMac up on Beyonwiz Software.

You can grab it from here.

http://www.beyonwizsoftware.net/software-b28/wiz-mac/

Code: Select all

* Version 0.6
        * Fixed download display strings when used on 10.4.x It wasn't handling %Lf
          formatters. Thanks to em5500 for spotting that one.
        * Added a 2 second pause before retrying a lost connection.
        * Added new message while waiting to retry a lost connection.
        * Removed G5 tuning on the PowerPC arch.
        * Added new '#' formatter to filename format string. This can be used to
          output the recording type. Either 'tvwiz' or 'radwiz'
        * Added this new change log
Regards,
Eric

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Sun Jul 06, 2008 14:46

Hi efry,

Looking real good. All the new features are excellent.

cheers

John.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Sun Jul 06, 2008 16:08

Looks good - downloading a file from the BW to my MAC4 - a first! :D
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

RubberChicken
Apprentice

Post by RubberChicken » Mon Jul 14, 2008 00:40

Working well thanks! Though my system reported the DMG as being potentially corrupted - which I ignored at my own peril apparently ;-)
Beyonwiz DP-P1 {01.05.261} // MacBook 10.5.5 // ICE

Paranoid666au
Master

Post by Paranoid666au » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:10

That's weird it downloaded as WizMac-0.6.dmg.bz2 and it opened as WizMac-0.6.dmg.bz2.cpgz wich opened as WizMac-0.6.dmg.bz2. Renaming WizMac-0.6.dmg.bz2 to WizMac-0.6.dmg sorted it out.
P1 01.05.280HDMI>Onkyo 606>HDMI-DVI>NEC plasmaH1 01.05.280YPrPb>Sony HD CRT | Coax>Yamaha HTR-5550
FoxtelHD AppleTV>Hauppauge HD PVR

twitch
Master

Post by twitch » Sun Aug 17, 2008 15:34

I can't get it to connect to my BW. Its gives me an instant "time out" in manual connection and it can't find it on the auto search. I know my BW has an IP address of 192.168.0.4.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong. I'm running WizMac 0.6, a P1 on 261, and a G4 mac on 10.4.11.

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 16:28

Have you enabled the WizPNP server on the Wiz?
Tony

twitch
Master

Post by twitch » Mon Aug 18, 2008 08:14

tonymy01 wrote:Have you enabled the WizPNP server on the Wiz?
:oops: Thanks for the tip. Just to let you know once I enabled this it all worked a treat.

Thanks to Eric for developing this very slick, useful piece of software. :D I love how it shows actual file sizes, does the single file ts conversion on the fly, and how you can queue up mulltiple transfers. :) So that's a big thumbs up and thank you from me.

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Sat Aug 23, 2008 14:57

Hey Eric,

A request. Could you consider replacing the full colon in file names with a space (for eg) rather than a forward slash. I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour or not, but I found if for example CSI: Miami is transferred via Wizmac to my NAS (as a .ts) I get the following: CSI / Miami which doesn't really cause a problem for my NAS, but does if I want to replay the file later off my NAS via the Wizzy, the TV program isn't listed.
Last edited by Vatoe on Sun Aug 24, 2008 07:15, edited 2 times in total.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Aug 23, 2008 15:06

Vatoe wrote:Hey Eric,

A request. Could you consider replacing the full colon in file names with a space (for eg) rather than a forward slash. I'm not sure of this is intended behaviour or not, but I found if I for example CSI: Miami is transferred via Wizmac to my NAS (as a .ts) I get the following: CSI / Miami which doesn't really cause a problem for my NAS, but does if I want to replay the file later of my NAS via the Wizzy, the TV program isn't listed.
In getWizPnP I replace all "bad" Windows filename characters (\/:*?"<>|) in recording names with _. If Eric chooses something else, I can change that, too.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Sat Aug 23, 2008 21:58

Whatever works I guess, Peter, space or an underscore would be great.

Eric, can I make one more request/suggestion? I have seemed to have lost the ability to choose to transfer the TV program across as either a .ts file or .tvwiz file. Mine preference is 'stuck' as .ts selection. I cant seem to select in preferences the .tvwiz radio dial - its greyed out?

cheers,

John

efry
Master

Post by efry » Sat Aug 23, 2008 22:17

Vatoe wrote:Whatever works I guess, Peter, space or an underscore would be great.

Eric, can I make one more request/suggestion? I have seemed to have lost the ability to choose to transfer the TV program across as either a .ts file or .tvwiz file. Mine preference is 'stuck' as .ts selection. I cant seem to select in preferences the .tvwiz radio dial - its greyed out?

cheers,

John
Hi John,

I've got a fix ready that converts the illegal characters to underscores. I'll try to comit it tomorrow.

I started working on the tvwiz format transfer but didn't end up finishing it. I didn't think people would actually have any need for it. ;)

Regards,
Eric

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Sun Aug 24, 2008 06:47

efry wrote:
Hi John,

I've got a fix ready that converts the illegal characters to underscores. I'll try to comit it tomorrow.
Thanks for the update.
I started working on the tvwiz format transfer but didn't end up finishing it. I didn't think people would actually have any need for it. ;)
I didn't think I would ever need this ability as well, but I have recently discovered (as a result of attempting to recover some wizzy hard drive space) that if you transfer a TV program over in the .ts format say like in my case a NAS you get very mixed results trying to play back the .ts file over the network from the wizzy later. That is, sometimes the wizzy will play the files, other times I get a file not supported format error. So if you have the inclination to finish this part of Wizmac you'll have at least one appreciative person 8)

My experience with .tvwiz files transferred via the Wizzy's interface is hat there doesn't appear to be any issue with playback at all.

edit: In a nutshell, I guess the .tvwiz transfer is only useful in circumstances where the file will not be further processed later eg via MPEGStreamclip.

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Sun Aug 24, 2008 14:39

Vatoe wrote:My experience with .tvwiz files transferred via the Wizzy's interface is hat there doesn't appear to be any issue with playback at all.

edit: In a nutshell, I guess the .tvwiz transfer is only useful in circumstances where the file will not be further processed later eg via MPEGStreamclip.
I always transfer recordings as tvwiz, or radiowiz, files. This way they are guaranteed to play back on the wiz.

If I want to edit or convert them I can still do that as well. Many players and conversion apps can load the whole directory full of 32MB files. For those that can't, it only takes a few seconds to create a single .ts copy of the recording.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Sun Aug 24, 2008 14:43

Dave? wrote:
If I want to edit or convert them I can still do that as well. Many players and conversion apps can load the whole directory full of 32MB files. For those that can't, it only takes a few seconds to create a single .ts copy of the recording.
Do you know of a Mac app that does the combining?

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Sun Aug 24, 2008 15:30

What about projectx? I think ffmpeg can join files. Is there a Mac version of ffmpeg?

I'm sure all the normal Linux bash commands work on a Mac? Something like: http://bc.tech.coop/emacs-osx.html

This < http://garcya.us/blog/split-and-join-files-on-mac/ > will split and join files but you'll need to add file extensions to all of the files :(
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:35

Dave? wrote:What about projectx? I think ffmpeg can join files. Is there a Mac version of ffmpeg?
Yes there is a Mac version. I'll give it a try, see what I come up with..

cheers

John

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Sun Aug 24, 2008 17:52

Vatoe wrote:Do you know of a Mac app that does the combining?
You can use cat or dd - both are accessible from the terminal. Search this forum for more detailed instructions.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Sun Aug 24, 2008 18:07

Been there and done that Peter. The search function like on most other boards is not worthy of the moniker in my humble opinion.

Anyway, I have tried Mac version ffmeg, and there doesn't seem to be a join function for the tvwiz files :?

I might look at the terminal commands when get back from hol's if I can be bothered.

cheers

John

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Sun Aug 24, 2008 18:10

Searching for "cat join terminal" returns exactly one thread with Mac specific instructions:

http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/phpbb2/viewt ... n+terminal

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Sun Aug 24, 2008 18:14

peteru wrote:Searching for "cat join terminal" returns exactly one thread with Mac specific instructions:

http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/phpbb2/viewt ... n+terminal
Just had to prove me wrong didn't you :D

See I would never used 'cat' as I thought this was a feline not a join command?

Thanks for the link, appreciate it..

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:00

Vatoe wrote:
Dave? wrote:
Do you know of a Mac app that does the combining?
MPEG Streamclip can do it, provided the recording hasn't been edited on the Beyonwiz. If it has been edited on the Beyonwiz, it will still work, but some material that was edited out on the Beyonwiz will re-appear in the joined-up file. If you edited out all the ads on the BW, you're bound to have to re-edit them after joining this way.

If you are happy to use the Terminal command-line interface, the Unix 'cat' command can be used to join the recording chunks together into a single file, with the same provisions about recordings edited on the Beyonwiz. The 32MB files really are exactly the original recording file split into 32MB chunks; there are no headers or anything else inserted in the files.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Software Developers”