WizMac source code released

Advanced Discussions on Programing for & Modifying Beyonwiz Products.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

efry
Master

WizMac source code released

Post by efry » Wed May 21, 2008 09:34

Hi Guys,

I've added the source code for my Wiz Mac application to the Open Wiz subversion repository.

You can view the source from the web using trac.
http://trac.openwiz.org/wizmac

You can checkout a copy using the following command.

Code: Select all

svn co http://svn.openwiz.org/svnroot/wizmac/trunk wizmac
Here's a current screenshot of WizMac in action.

As always I'm interested in any feedback you might have. Hopefully I'll release a binary on beyonwizsoftware.net soon.

Regards,
Eric

em5500
Apprentice

Re: WizMac source code released

Post by em5500 » Wed May 21, 2008 20:33

efry wrote: I've added the source code for my Wiz Mac application to the Open Wiz subversion repository.
Thanks efry!

I downloaded it, compiled it using Xcode v2.5 on OS X v10.4.11 (PowerPC), then gave it a test by transferring a 31 minute, 1.08GB file across wired LAN. I watched a bit of the resulting TS file in VLC, where it looked fine. Then I moved the file to my NAS to watch a bit more from my P1 (firmware 235), but it just said "Unsupported Video Format". I put the P1 into standby and tried again later and it worked fine, so I put that down to the firmware, not WizMac.

If I were starting a wish list, my first wish would be a way to set the destination directory. (ie. Transfer directly to my NAS). My second wish would be to have the program name appear in the resulting TS file name.

Thanks again, and keep at it.

dcoghlan

Post by dcoghlan » Mon May 26, 2008 08:41

I also downloaded the code and compiled it with Xcode, and it seems to work as required.

I am just wondering if there is any way to actually stream the files from the Beyonwiz, rather than downloading them and then playing the .ts file in VLC.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon May 26, 2008 09:05

dcoghlan wrote:I also downloaded the code and compiled it with Xcode, and it seems to work as required.

I am just wondering if there is any way to actually stream the files from the Beyonwiz, rather than downloading them and then playing the .ts file in VLC.
It's clearly possible, because WizPnP is also used for streaming recordings between BW machines. However, there may be unpublished parts of the protocol that help in some of the streaming operations.

It could probably be done as a servlet in an Apache HTTP server on your local machine that backends to the Beyonwiz. You could then point a media player at it that can play a file from a URL.

No-one's done this yet, and as far as I know, no-one's working on it. Eric hasn't even finished WizMac yet :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

em5500
Apprentice

Post by em5500 » Tue May 27, 2008 20:27

I had a crash in WizMac today when I clicked on the Download button.
Here's a screen-shot of the call-stack etc. from Xcode:

Image[/img]

efry
Master

Post by efry » Tue May 27, 2008 22:41

Thanks em5500,

Looks like the URL encoding is confusing NSLog which thinks the % characters indicate printf style formatting arguments.

Regards,
Eric
em5500 wrote:I had a crash in WizMac today when I clicked on the Download button.
Here's a screen-shot of the call-stack etc. from Xcode:

Image[/img]

efry
Master

Post by efry » Tue May 27, 2008 22:43

I've been working on error handling in WizMac. I'll try to tidy up my new code and update svn tomorrow night.

efry
Master

Post by efry » Fri May 30, 2008 13:31

Hi Guys,

I've updated svn with a fix for the NSLog bug. I've also changed the connection logic so the app shouldn't lockup while trying to connect to an unavailable host.

More updates to come...

I've still got to fix the error handling. I'd like to add automatic retries.

Regards,
Eric

grunta
Master

Post by grunta » Fri May 30, 2008 20:45

@Efry

when are you going to do a windows one ?...... :shock:

this looks a lot better ... LOL --- :mrgreen:
Grunta
DP-S1 firmware .301

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri May 30, 2008 22:48

Hi,

Here! Here!

A very nice effort!

Regards,
Ian.

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:48

Hi efry,

Any thoughts on implementing a file size column for WizMac interface?

cheers,

John

PS: Nice work BTW! I less reason to launch Parallels..

efry
Master

Post by efry » Mon Jun 02, 2008 09:29

Vatoe wrote:Hi efry,

cheers,

John

Hi Vatoe,

Yes, that's definitely on my todo list. It shouldn't be a big deal to implement as I calculate the filesize while downloading the index.

I take it you are running an intel mac. That's good to know that it works. I've only tested it on PPC thus far. :)

Regards,
Eric

efry
Master

Post by efry » Mon Jun 02, 2008 09:33

grunta wrote:@Efry

when are you going to do a windows one ?...... :shock:

this looks a lot better ... LOL --- :mrgreen:
IanSav wrote:Hi,

Here! Here!

A very nice effort!

Regards,
Ian.
Hi Guys,

:) I started this project mainly as a refresher course on cocoa programming. I guess with the wisdom of hindsight I should have written it in a more portable framework like Qt.

I might have a crack at a windows WizFX replacement at some point in the future. I'll see if I can get wizmac accross the line first though. ;-)

Regards,
Eric

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Mon Jun 02, 2008 18:01

efry wrote:
Vatoe wrote:Hi efry,

cheers,

John

Hi Vatoe,

Yes, that's definitely on my todo list. It shouldn't be a big deal to implement as I calculate the filesize while downloading the index.

I take it you are running an intel mac. That's good to know that it works. I've only tested it on PPC thus far. :)

Regards,
Eric
Nice to hear that sizes will be included. :) Can I also be so bold as to suggest that WizMac also remembers the IP address last entered.

Yes. I am running it on a Macbook Pro (dual core 2.4ghz) with no problems at all.

cheers,

GB
Master

Post by GB » Mon Jun 02, 2008 23:06

Vatoe wrote:
efry wrote:I take it you are running an intel mac. That's good to know that it works. I've only tested it on PPC thus far. :)

Regards,
Eric
Nice to hear that sizes will be included. :) Can I also be so bold as to suggest that WizMac also remembers the IP address last entered.

Yes. I am running it on a Macbook Pro (dual core 2.4ghz) with no problems at all.

cheers,
I am running it on an Intel iMac also with no issues so far. As I said in another thread, it is faster than WizFX and so I am very happy (both with the speed and the fact that I don't have to boot Windows under VMware Fusion!).

Can I be even bolder and suggest that file ordering preferences (eg date order) also be remembered? I am a little hesitant to be asking for cosmetic changes since so much effort has gone into the core functionality, but while a wishlist is being formed... :wink:

Thanks again Eric for the efforts on this.

Greg

efry
Master

Post by efry » Tue Jun 03, 2008 19:50

Vatoe wrote: Nice to hear that sizes will be included. :) Can I also be so bold as to suggest that WizMac also remembers the IP address last entered.
Hi Vatoe,

I've just commited my latest changes
  • WizMac now remembers the last IP address
    I've added a filesize colum to the index table
    WizMac now resumes from connection errors while downloading files.
I'll add code to remember the last column sort direction soon. :)

Regards,
Eric

GB
Master

Post by GB » Tue Jun 03, 2008 21:18

efry wrote:Hi Vatoe,

Regards,
Eric
What can I say? Nice! :D Works like a charm - and I notice newest to oldest date order is also the default, just like on the BW. Thanks.

Greg

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Tue Jun 03, 2008 22:34

efry wrote:
Vatoe wrote: Nice to hear that sizes will be included. :) Can I also be so bold as to suggest that WizMac also remembers the IP address last entered.
Hi Vatoe,

Regards,
Eric
Hi efry

I must say, its a very nice program you have written and keep improving on. The latest changes are excellent! I like all of them which gives WizMac a more polished feel. Even the changing of the icon (whilst not entirely making sense in terms of its representation) is still much better than the default one. In my opinion, even at this stage, WizMac is superior to WizFx.

An observation:

Not sure if this intended but if you cue two or more downloads then decide to remove one or more from the list (by use of the x button), WizMac appears to start another cued item notwithstanding a file is currently being downloaded. I assume the logic is that it thinks a download job has been cancelled and therefore starts the next in the download cue ignoring that a download is in progress (as it thinks it has been cancelled I guess). I am not sure if it did this before, this is the first time I played around with the download cue.

Some further suggestions for your consideration:

1. Can the file name of the finished transfer be renamed to the actual file (TV show) name perhaps with the date stamp in case transferring more than one with the same name?
2. Would it be difficult to implement the ability to chose which directory the file is transfer to on the Mac?
3. May be a selectable preference to auto connect on last remembered IP address when Wizmac is launched, for those of us that use static IP addresses?

Keep up the good work. :P

cheers,

John

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Tue Jun 03, 2008 23:08

Vatoe wrote:Even the changing of the icon (whilst not entirely making sense in terms of its representation) is still much better than the default one.
Assuming that Eric ended up using the OpenWiz icon which I designed, it is an open book (representing the nature of Open Source software and sharing of knowledge) in a blue circle, just like the blue circle on the front of a DP-P1.

I have the original artwork as an SVG file and can make it available if Eric is interested in a resolution independent version.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

efry
Master

Post by efry » Wed Jun 04, 2008 09:59

Hi John,
Vatoe wrote: An observation:

Not sure if this intended but if you cue two or more downloads then decide to remove one or more from the list (by use of the x button), WizMac appears to start another cued item notwithstanding a file is currently being downloaded. I assume the logic is that it thinks a download job has been cancelled and therefore starts the next in the download cue ignoring that a download is in progress (as it thinks it has been cancelled I guess). I am not sure if it did this before, this is the first time I played around with the download cue.
You're right that is a bug. I changed the way files downloaded, while putting in the new error handling and forgot to check how that effected the queuing code.

I've committed a fix for that now. :)
Vatoe wrote: Some further suggestions for your consideration:

1. Can the file name of the finished transfer be renamed to the actual file (TV show) name perhaps with the date stamp in case transferring more than one with the same name?
2. Would it be difficult to implement the ability to chose which directory the file is transfer to on the Mac?
3. May be a selectable preference to auto connect on last remembered IP address when Wizmac is launched, for those of us that use static IP addresses?

Keep up the good work. :P

cheers,

John
I'm planning to make the whole output filename configurable. I was thinking of using a format string similar in style to printf syntax to specify the filename.
I'm planning to have a few config options available in a preference pane.
1. download directory
2. download style. TS or wiz
3. download filename format
4. autoconnect. (that's a good idea)

I am also going to add a context menu to the download queue so you can 'Show in finder' or 'play recording' by option clicking the download.

I was also thinking of adding drag and drop download support. So you select one or more files from the list then drag them to a finder window or the desktop. This will then queue them up to download with the file being saved in the desired directory.

If you've got any more ideas feel free to let me know. :) I should update my todo list.

Regards,
Eric

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:25

Hi Eric,
efry wrote:If you've got any more ideas feel free to let me know. :) I should update my todo list.
Remember to add a Windows .EXE version to your todo list. ;)

Regards,
Ian.

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:28

efry wrote:Hi John,
You're right that is a bug. I changed the way files downloaded, while putting in the new error handling and forgot to check how that effected the queuing code.

I've committed a fix for that now. :)
That didn't take long. Nice one.

I'm planning to make the whole output filename configurable. I was thinking of using a format string similar in style to printf syntax to specify the filename.
I'm planning to have a few config options available in a preference pane.
1. download directory
2. download style. TS or wiz
3. download filename format
4. autoconnect. (that's a good idea)

I am also going to add a context menu to the download queue so you can 'Show in finder' or 'play recording' by option clicking the download.

I was also thinking of adding drag and drop download support. So you select one or more files from the list then drag them to a finder window or the desktop. This will then queue them up to download with the file being saved in the desired directory.
I think all your planned modifications are excellent.

Just a few questions:

* On the example of print syntax prompt, can the file name of the show be the default and the user just change it if he/she would like?
* Re download directory, could/would this include a networked directory eg a NAS? I will be getting one in the future and thinking out aloud... :?
* Drag and drop is an unexpected, but excellent idea, as is show in finder option.
If you've got any more ideas feel free to let me know. :) I should update my todo list.

Since you asked :D, some further suggestions for your consideration:

1. Not sure if this is possible due to limitations of the Wizzy (or otherwise), but how about an ability to delete unwanted files of the Wizzy's hard drive? That way after successfully transferring the file etc, we can just delete the file via WizMac's interface? perhaps check boxes or similar for multiple deletes?If this can be implemented, you may wish also consider in WizMac's pref pane having a delete confirmation option - to cover the 'ooop's I didn't want to do that' moments?
2. In a 'status bar' (or similar) indicate the Wizzy's hard drive stat's eg how much has been used/how much left eg 30Gig/160Gig, which would be updated if point 1 can be implemented.
3. Maybe the same as above in point 2 for the receiving computer?
4. Indicate (somewhere) the total size of what is cued for transfer? That way point 3 can be easily considered for any transfers? This would cover 'have I got enough space on my computer for my cued transfers' scenario?

That's all for now. I don't want your to do list to be too big :P .

cheers,

John
Last edited by Vatoe on Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:40, edited 2 times in total.

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:30

IanSav wrote:Hi Eric,
efry wrote:If you've got any more ideas feel free to let me know. :) I should update my todo list.
Remember to add a Windows .EXE version to your todo list. ;)

Regards,
Ian.
Hi Ian,

He is too busy with some mod's for the Mac version :lol:

cheers,

John

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:32

It's not a problem. There'll be a Windows edition of MacFX shortly after OS X runs under VM on a Windows machine. :wink:
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:32

peteru wrote:
Vatoe wrote:Even the changing of the icon (whilst not entirely making sense in terms of its representation) is still much better than the default one.
Assuming that Eric ended up using the OpenWiz icon which I designed, it is an open book (representing the nature of Open Source software and sharing of knowledge) in a blue circle, just like the blue circle on the front of a DP-P1.

I have the original artwork as an SVG file and can make it available if Eric is interested in a resolution independent version.
Peter,

This is the one he has in fact used. I sort of guessed the book, but didn't get the circle. The icon makes sense now...

regards,

John

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:33

prl wrote:It's not a problem. There'll be a Windows edition of MacFX shortly after OS X runs under VM on a Windows machine. :wink:

LOL!

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Wed Jun 11, 2008 18:52

Hi Eric,

I tried your latest version of WizMac, and was wondering if the pref pane preferences ere actually implemented at this stage? Not working with me..

cheers,

John,

PS: Nice icon BTW.

PPS: I am playing with an idea of a dash board widget and tentatively looking at this - I am guessing it may be beyond me. Is it possible to connect to the Wizzy to obtain basic info, eg number recordings on hard drive, disk usage etc via JavaScript?
Last edited by Vatoe on Wed Jun 11, 2008 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jun 11, 2008 19:27

Vatoe wrote:...
PPS: I am playing with an idea of a dash board widget and tentatively looking at this - I am guessing it may be beyond me. Is it possible to connect to the Wizzy to obtain basic info, eg number recordings on hard drive, disk usage etc via JavaScript?
You need to be able to do HTTP requests; a GET of http://my.bw.ip.addr:49152/index.txt gives you the path part of the recording URLs on the RHS of the '|' in each line, after you take off the last path segment (the name with the .tvwizts extension).

The recording name is in the header.tvwiz (or header.radwiz file for radio recordings) in each recording directory, again use HTTP GET. You may want to use a Range header field to just fetch the bits you want.

You can do HTTP GET to fetch the trunc file. Decoded, that can tell you the size of the recording as edited. The actual space on disk may be a bit larger, if the recording has been edited, but it will usually be a good estimate.

If you want it exact, you can do HTTP HEAD requests on each of the fragment files listed in the trunc file.

The index.txt file is a text file with Unix line terminators (LF).

header.tvwiz, header.radwiz and trunc are binary files. See Recorded Files on OpenWiz.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

efry
Master

Post by efry » Wed Jun 11, 2008 21:35

Vatoe wrote:Hi Eric,

I tried your latest version of WizMac, and was wondering if the pref pane preferences ere actually implemented at this stage? Not working with me..
Hi John,

It should be. Do you see any errors in the console log? I can open the preference window by selecting the preference menu item or with the apple + ',' hot key.

Did you do a clean all before building the latest version? (not that that should matter)

Regards,
Eric

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Wed Jun 11, 2008 22:21

Sorry, should have made my post clearer. I actually get the pref pane up etc no problems, but the preferences dont seem to be implemented. That is;

* the download directory, notwithstanding a different one is selected, still uses desktop;
* auto connect even though checked doesn't allow auto connect;
* and no file name changes are being made to the transferred file?

I actually did a (clean) build again just then and no errors are being reported? All very weird.

cheers,

John

Edit: I just run one more time to satisfy my curiosity and this time it came up with one error warning re a "parsing argument 1 of 'removeRow' makes integer from pointer without a cast. Line location WizDLQueue.m:91"

Doesn't *sound* related though
Last edited by Vatoe on Wed Jun 11, 2008 22:33, edited 2 times in total.

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Wed Jun 11, 2008 22:23

prl wrote: You need to be able to do HTTP requests; a GET of http://my.bw.ip.addr:49152/index.txt gives you the path part of the recording URLs on the RHS of the '|' in each line, after you take off the last path segment (the name with the .tvwizts extension).

The recording name is in the header.tvwiz (or header.radwiz file for radio recordings) in each recording directory, again use HTTP GET. You may want to use a Range header field to just fetch the bits you want.

You can do HTTP GET to fetch the trunc file. Decoded, that can tell you the size of the recording as edited. The actual space on disk may be a bit larger, if the recording has been edited, but it will usually be a good estimate.

If you want it exact, you can do HTTP HEAD requests on each of the fragment files listed in the trunc file.

The index.txt file is a text file with Unix line terminators (LF).

header.tvwiz, header.radwiz and trunc are binary files. See Recorded Files on OpenWiz.
Thanks Peter. Lots of food for thought.

efry
Master

Post by efry » Wed Jun 11, 2008 22:41

Vatoe wrote:Sorry, should have made my post clearer. I actually get the pref pane up etc no problems, but the preferences dont seem to be implemented. That is;

* the download directory, notwithstanding a different one is selected, still uses desktop;
Hi John,

Only 'Download dir' and 'Filename format' are wired up to the app at the moment. It's strange that they aren't having any effect. Is it remembering your values in the preference window when you stop and start the app? I'll have a dig around in the code tomorrow and see if I can come up with some ideas as to why it isn't working.

Regards,
Eric

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Wed Jun 11, 2008 23:47

efry wrote:
Vatoe wrote:Sorry, should have made my post clearer. I actually get the pref pane up etc no problems, but the preferences dont seem to be implemented. That is;

Hi John,

Only 'Download dir' and 'Filename format' are wired up to the app at the moment. It's strange that they aren't having any effect. Is it remembering your values in the preference window when you stop and start the app? I'll have a dig around in the code tomorrow and see if I can come up with some ideas as to why it isn't working.

Regards,
Eric
Hey Eric,

Yes it remembers the values in preferences, but just doesn't implement them.

efry
Master

Post by efry » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:59

Vatoe wrote:
PS: Nice icon BTW.
Thanks. :-)

It's a work in progress. I'm still not 100% happy with it but I think it is heading in the right direction. It's hard to make mac icons! All the apple supplied ones are super slick looking.

efry
Master

Post by efry » Thu Jun 12, 2008 13:07

Vatoe wrote:
efry wrote:

Hi John,

Regards,
Eric
Hey Eric,

Yes it remembers the values in preferences, but just doesn't implement them.
Hey John,

I've had a look through the code again and I can't see anything that would be stopping the directory/format strings from working. I'll see if I can put some more debugging code around the loading and saving of the preference values so we can try to zone in on where the disconnect is coming from.

Does it always download to ~/Desktop? Also is it formatting the download filename with the channel/event names? Or is it still using the old wiz supplied name?

:?: Has anyone else tried changing the download dir?

Regards,
Eric

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Thu Jun 12, 2008 15:59

efry wrote: Hey John,

I've had a look through the code again and I can't see anything that would be stopping the directory/format strings from working. I'll see if I can put some more debugging code around the loading and saving of the preference values so we can try to zone in on where the disconnect is coming from.

Does it always download to ~/Desktop? Also is it formatting the download filename with the channel/event names? Or is it still using the old wiz supplied name?

:?: Has anyone else tried changing the download dir?

Regards,
Eric
Hey Eric,

I am just trying it again now on a small file and it already has placed the folder on the desktop, so I suspect it will finish the transfer there. The file name convention is still the old one, the pref pane entry doesn't change it.

I have checked preferences (again) and they still show what I changed them to, eg:

download directory: /users/vatoe/downloads
filename format: !_@_yyyyMMdd_HHmm.'ts'

cheers,

John

EDIT: PS: I am of to Cairns t'mow morning for a little while, so I expect it all fixed by the time I get back...just kidding :wink:

efry
Master

Post by efry » Thu Jun 12, 2008 17:20

Vatoe wrote: I am just trying it again now on a small file and it already has placed the folder on the desktop, so I suspect it will finish the transfer there. The file name convention is still the old one, the pref pane entry doesn't change it.

I have checked preferences (again) and they still show what I changed them to, eg:

download directory: /users/vatoe/downloads
filename format: !_@_yyyyMMdd_HHmm.'ts'

cheers,

John

EDIT: PS: I am of to Cairns t'mow morning for a little while, so I expect it all fixed by the time I get back...just kidding :wink:
Hi John,

Could you check that you have the current source files.

You should have the following lines in WizDLQueue.m

From line 112

NSString *downloadDir = [[[NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults] objectForKey: @"WizPrefDownloadDir"] stringByExpandingTildeInPath];
[currentDownload downloadWithDownloadPath: downloadDir];
This code grabs the download path from the preferences and starts the download.

You might want to try cleaning the build and rebuilding the whole project. Maybe something has got cached somewhere.

regards,
Eric

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Thu Jun 12, 2008 17:46

efry wrote: Hi John,

Could you check that you have the current source files.

You should have the following lines in WizDLQueue.m

From line 112

NSString *downloadDir = [[[NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults] objectForKey: @"WizPrefDownloadDir"] stringByExpandingTildeInPath];
[currentDownload downloadWithDownloadPath: downloadDir];
This code grabs the download path from the preferences and starts the download.

You might want to try cleaning the build and rebuilding the whole project. Maybe something has got cached somewhere.

regards,
Eric
Hi Eric,

You hit the proverbial nail on the head, the code is not in the file I have.

I re-downloaded the zip file (trunk-r8.zip) and I notice that the file in question is dated 7.6.08 and it does not contain the code you outline. I then checked the individual file on Wiztrac site and found the code in that file. I have downloaded that file individually and rebuilt WizMac with this updated file. It appears to work now - downloading the same small file and it has already placed it in the correct directory and named it with the TV show name :!:

Geez, I haven't even left yet and you have fixed it :P

Cheers,

John

Edit: I am showing my inexperience with Wiztrac, but I assumed that the zip file is updated with the new/changed files in the project as its designation eg r7, r8 changes?

efry
Master

Post by efry » Thu Jun 12, 2008 18:39

Vatoe wrote: Edit: I am showing my inexperience with Wiztrac, but I assumed that the zip file is updated with the new/changed files in the project as its designation eg r7, r8 changes?
Hey John,

I'm glad that fixed it. Although you might not have the complete set of changes.

I'm not too familar with trac myself. I would suggest getting the source via subversion.

You can checkout a copy from the terminal with the following command

then to update to the latest set of changes you just need to run.

svn update
from within the wizmac directory.

This command will always sync you with the latest changes to the source.

Regards,
Eric

Vatoe
Master

Post by Vatoe » Thu Jun 12, 2008 19:11

efry wrote:
Vatoe wrote: Edit: I am showing my inexperience with Wiztrac, but I assumed that the zip file is updated with the new/changed files in the project as its designation eg r7, r8 changes?
Hey John,

I'm glad that fixed it. Although you might not have the complete set of changes.

I'm not too familar with trac myself. I would suggest getting the source via subversion.

You can checkout a copy from the terminal with the following command

then to update to the latest set of changes you just need to run.

svn update
from within the wizmac directory.

This command will always sync you with the latest changes to the source.

Regards,
Eric
Subversion method it is then... I started from the beginning to make sure and will update via subversion from now on.

cheers,

John

injidup
Apprentice

How to run it??

Post by injidup » Fri Apr 23, 2010 20:41

OK. I posted a rant here about having to compile WizMac.
I since found a link to the application so am happy.

Apologies to those who read the earlier post and may have been upset.

I have the app, and it works! Many thanks to efry. Top job.

Kev. A recent convert to BW from Topfield.
Last edited by injidup on Fri Apr 23, 2010 23:16, edited 1 time in total.

prl
Wizard God

Re: How to run it??

Post by prl » Fri Apr 23, 2010 22:33

injidup wrote:...
Whinge over. Hopefully someone can help.
Install Xcode.
Double-click on WizMac/WizMac.xcodeproj
In the WizMac Build Results window in Xcode, check the Active SDK you want to build against in the dropdown menu at the top left.
Click on the Build icon in the same window.
Wait until the build finishes.
The built application is in WizMac/build/Release. Drag/drop it into Applications (or wherever).

I managed to do it when it was the first time I'd ever used Xcode.

There was no need to whinge to get help.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

injidup
Apprentice

Post by injidup » Fri Apr 23, 2010 23:19

Thanks, Peter! (And Eric)

Again, sorry about the whinge. Should really have known better. :oops:

Kev.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Apr 24, 2010 07:08

injidup wrote:Thanks, Peter! (And Eric)

Again, sorry about the whinge. Should really have known better. :oops:

Kev.
No problem. Enjoy your Beyonwiz & your Mac.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

gregandkate

Trouble downloading wizmac file

Post by gregandkate » Tue Feb 08, 2011 18:12

Hi guys, I have just swapped from PC to Mac (iMac). I use wiztv on my PC with no problems and want to install Wizmac so I can put programs on to DVD. I have been following threads on wizmac,etc but I am having trouble downloading the wizmac file from the openwiz link (specifically the OS X 10.6.x Snow leopard link). The 331 kb file blows out to over 1 hour to download and then timeouts. Any suggestiions or ideas appreciated. (BTW I am very new to Mac and very much a novice when it comes to programming and software)

Thanks

Greg

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Feb 08, 2011 21:37

I just tried downloading it and it was extremely slow for me, too.

Matt/alwayslooking, any ideas? It's on your server where you gave me the area for distributing BW software.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

gregandkate

Post by gregandkate » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:17

I tried the download again and had success and program is installed. My next issue is how exactly do i get the programs onto my Mac? From the posts it looks like the only option to transfer to the mac is via LAN. Is this right? I was hoping that I could transfer via USB external hard drive (from memory this is what I did with wiztv and my PC). Mac and PVR are not in close proximity for easy LAN access. Am i missing a step in the process??

Thanks

Greg

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:57

gregandkate wrote:I tried the download again and had success and program is installed. My next issue is how exactly do i get the programs onto my Mac? From the posts it looks like the only option to transfer to the mac is via LAN. Is this right?
I found in one of your earlier posts in another topic that you have a DP-P2. So in that case, no, LAN is not the only option, and even if you only use LAN, copying over WizPnP using WizMac (or getWizPnP) is not the only option, you can also copy recordings using Windows Shares set up on the Mac.
gregandkate wrote: I was hoping that I could transfer via USB external hard drive (from memory this is what I did with wiztv and my PC).
Yes, you can copy recordings from any Beyonwiz PVR to a USB HDD (except on the FV-L1 and the DP-H1). The USB HDD must be formatted with at least one FAT32 volume. You'll be able to read NTFS-formatted volumes, but not write to them.

I don't know where WizTV comes up in this. It's for content download from the WizTV server and for information.
gregandkate wrote:Mac and PVR are not in close proximity for easy LAN access. Am i missing a step in the process??
Good question, but since you haven't said what process you've tried to use or what errors you've encountered, I don't know how I can tell if you've missed a step. The FAT32 limitation I mentioned above may be a hint.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Mon Feb 21, 2011 13:37

prl wrote:
gregandkate wrote: I was hoping that I could transfer via USB external hard drive (from memory this is what I did with wiztv and my PC).
don't know where WizTV comes up in this. It's for content download from the WizTV server and for information.
I think Greg meant to say WizFX.....

Return to “Software Developers”