NFS mounting from an external server works

Advanced Discussions on Programing for & Modifying Beyonwiz Products.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

rwhitby
Apprentice
Location: Adelaide, Australia Project:http://www.openwiz.org Hardware:DP-P1, LiDiC

NFS mounting from an external server works

Post by rwhitby » Sun May 18, 2008 16:07

Once you've got telnet access to your wiz, you can do the following:

Code: Select all

$ mount -t nfs -o nolock server:/export/path /mnt/local/path
Note that the '-o nolock' is what stops NFS looking for portmap (which isn't running on the wiz).

I currently mount an nfs share onto /opt, and use it to install Optware packages (like busybox, ntpclient, etc). It's the only way I can see that we can get a filesystem with symlink semantics on the wiz at the moment (as the kernel doesn't have ext2 or ext3 filesystem support).

Kudos for tonymy01 for finding nfs support initially. All I did was work out the "-o nolock" bit ...

-- Rod

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Sun May 18, 2008 17:49

Rod, do you know if the default busybox mount mounts nfs ok? I mount using the 1.10.2 busybox I compiled up for the Wiz, as I ticked on a few extra options for the mount that I don't know if the Beyonwiz guys put in.
Regards
Tony

rwhitby
Apprentice
Location: Adelaide, Australia Project:http://www.openwiz.org Hardware:DP-P1, LiDiC

Post by rwhitby » Sun May 18, 2008 20:45

tonymy01 wrote:Rod, do you know if the default busybox mount mounts nfs ok? I mount using the 1.10.2 busybox I compiled up for the Wiz, as I ticked on a few extra options for the mount that I don't know if the Beyonwiz guys put in.
Yes, the mount I am using there is the stock Beyonwiz mount - I don't have scripts in the vfat /opt yet.

-- Rod

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Jun 01, 2008 17:01

Is there a corresponding incantation to do SMB mounts from the command line?

I've tried trying to persuade /usr/local/bin/mount.cifs to do it without success.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Software Developers”