Scripting a shortcut?

Feedback and Suggestions for Beyonwiz can be posted here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

iandi

Scripting a shortcut?

Post by iandi » Fri Jul 22, 2022 16:54

Hi, I havent read everything, much less remembered it.

I'm wishing i could find or write a shortcut button to switch subtitle position without doing
Menu>Setup>SubtitleSettings>Use original teletex position>{toggle}>Save>Red Button>RedButton>Exit setup.

some of ABC uses low chirons, while i prefer to have my onscreen dialog display there.

Ian

prl
Wizard God

Re: Scripting a shortcut?

Post by prl » Fri Jul 22, 2022 17:24

iandi wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 16:54
I'm wishing i could find or write a shortcut button to switch subtitle position without doing
Menu>Setup>SubtitleSettings>Use original teletex position>{toggle}>Save>Red Button>RedButton>Exit setup.

It's slightly fewer button presses to get to the setup screen using long-SUBTITLE, MENU. I don't know of a quicker way.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

iandi

Post by iandi » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:24

Ok, thats quicker definitely, thanks Peter.
But also the subquestion, (equally not urgent) can users script (or rewrite) hot buttons on remotes?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:34

iandi wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:24
But also the subquestion, (equally not urgent) can users script (or rewrite) hot buttons on remotes?

There are very limited facilities for assigning functions to buttons in the media selection screen (MEDIA from live TV). The actions on POWER and the buttons used for skipping can also be altered to a certain extent.

For the buttons in media selection, go into the media selection screen, and then you can set them up with MENU>Settings. The button setup is at the bottom of the settings list (or just go UP from the top line).

For POWER and the skip buttons, from live TV, go to MENU>Setup>System>Button settings

Otherwise you'd need a programmable remote that can be set to send sequences (and most of them would only work in certain contexts).
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”